Kane Construction have recently completed a new resort development for RACV on the existing Cape Schanck property. The $135 million Lump Sum project consisted of the construction of 30,000m2 of new building over five levels.
The redevelopment zone was an irregular shape comprising approximately 7.6ha and includes the existing RACV clubhouse facility, car park (110 spaces) and golf driving range.
The new building provides panoramic views of the Bass Straight and Port Phillip Bay, and includes the following elements:
• 120 new accommodation rooms in a new main resort building
• Main restaurant (140 capacity)
• Lounge (60 capacity)
• Café (100 capacity)
• Indoor and outdoor sitting areas
• Underground and at grade car parking
• Conference & function rooms (500 capacity)
• Pro shop, change rooms and lockers
• Indoor pool & spa
Mirage Doors were contracted to supply two large sliding gates for the main carpark entrance, two S1500 Bifold doors and a pedestrian door and cladding for the loading area, a S1500 Bifold door for the golf cart entrance, internal Aluminium Roller Shutters, two sets of swing gates, and cladding for the bike storage area.