Series 35 Mini-Slat Shutter
Extruded Aluminium Interlocking Mini Slats
The Mirage Series 35 Mini Slat Roller Shutter has a small roll-up diameter and very easy operation due to the unique one-piece bracket and guide channel.
This mini slat shutter is designed to be used for smaller openings such as fire hose reel cabinets, equipment cabinets, cupboards and small architectural openings.
This shutter is very popular in shopping centres, schools, units and office buildings, especially where headroom restrictions occur.
Series 35 Mini Slat Aluminium Extruded Roller Shutter as manufactured by Mirage Doors. Product Code AE/MINI/35.
Made of single skin aluminium extruded slats. Each slat has a flat face of 35mm and is 1.2mm thick. Both ends of every aluminium slat are fitted with a solid interlocking nylon clip that secures slats laterally and takes up wear. When assembled these slats create a modern flat surface which is perfect for sign writing.
SERIES 35 BOTTOM RAIL
The bottom rail is extruded aluminium. It is designed to house the locking mechanisms offered and has a metal cover strip to the rear.
A single door is available to suit an opening up to 2200mm high x 2400mm wide. For wider openings, a removable mullion may be incorporated.
· Manual by hand;
· Motorised via a 240v pre - wired internal drive motor c/- Lockwood Omega keyswitch or toggle switch (master - keying of the keyswitch is by others).
· Often these shutters do not require a locking mechanism but if required, Mirage can install a flush mounted lock inside the bottom rail with cylinder operated sliding latch and steel shoots to side guides.
· Single sided lock (outside or inside, with or without a rear snib release).A two way lock is also available;
· Sliding pad-bolts to each end of bottom rail (padlocks supplied by others).
· Lockwood style lock keyed to one side only. Designed to enable the ‘client’ to master key to their requirements by others. Please note that this lock protrudes from the face of the bottom rail by up to 15mm.
The drum is manufactured from 100mm diameter extruded aluminium tube, solid nylon end caps and a solid steel shaft. Helical oil tempered springs are completely concealed and supplied pre-tensioned for fast and easy installation.
The standard finish is matt natural anodised. Other colours and powdercoat finishes are also available on request, and are subject to lead time availability. Metallic or Pearl powdercoat colours are not recommended for roller shutters.
The brackets are a fixed position front roll type with pre-fixed guide channels. The Zincalume® bracket head is pre-fixed to the top of the aluminium guide channels by a solid mild steel support. This makes for an easy & fast installation. The header or fascia must be a minimum of 345mm high so as to allow for the bundle diameter and the bottom rail.
45mm x 24mm wide extruded aluminium section pre-fixed to the Zincalume® bracket.
INSTALLATION AND CLEARANCE DETAILS
Series 35 manual roller shutters: Refer to the drawings;
Series 35 motorised roller shutters: Refer to Technical Data Sheets 15A - 15D;
Bundle roll-up diameters for different height doors are as follows (dimensions are in mm):
Height 600 800 1000 1200 1400 1600 1800 2000 2200
Diameter 170 185 195 205 215 220 235 240 250
* Note - Minimum headroom required is 345mm as indicated on the left hand drawing below.
TIPS FOR ARCHITECTS, SHOPFITTERS & BUILDERS
· Preparation of openings to suit the Series 35 roller shutter is by others;
· The shutter must not be installed to hollow stud walls;
· The structural fixing support is required for the guides, not the brackets.