Mirage S115 commercial steel roller shutters are available with 115mm wide slats, cater for the largest of openings and provide enhanced security. Additional strength is obtained by using a windlock system and guides.
Mirage S115 Commercial steel roller shutters are widely used in loading docks, storage areas in warehouses, factories, schools, tertiary institutions and any application where more strength than a conventional roller door is desired.
The Mirage S115 steel roller shutters can be modified to meet with high windload specifications and fulfill high security requirements.
S115 Commercial Steel Roller Shutters as manufactured by Mirage Doors.
The standard slat supply is solid with no clips. It will be offered with or without a windlock system and with nylon clips if required.
S115 Bottom Rail
- Extruded aluminium T – section (standard);
- An optional 80mm x 40mm steel galvanished box section is available;
- Weatherseals are supplied standard on all bottom rail types.
Maximum shutter sizes:
- S115 – 6000mm high x 6000mm wide;
- If larger is required our Heavy Duty S100/S75 Or Industrial S100/S75 will help fullfill these requrements.
- Manual by hand (up to 6m2);
- Chain operation (up to 25.0m2);
- Electric operations by a 0.5 H.P/1 H.P. single / 3 phase direct chain drive motorisation. Incorporating a springless drum and safety brake. Includes a standard up, down & stop controller and an emergency chain operation in the event of power failure.
- Manual operation – shoot bolts (supply & install of padlocks are by others);
- Chain operation – chain keeper (supply & install of padlocks are by others);
- Electric operation – no manual locking provided (the motor provides locking security).
The drum shall be manufactured from a seamless steel tube and attached to end caps. The drum shall be fitted with a keyway solid axle inside the drum tube. The drum shall revolve on steel bearings.
Slats are 115mm high and are available in two material gauges – 0.6mm or 0.8mm.
Standard 86mm x 37mm rolled windlock channel
Compliance to Windload Specifications
The S115 Commercial roller shutters are available with the option of windlock guide and clip system.
The brackets are fabricated from mild steel and supplied in a prime paint finish.
Galvabond steel (standard)
Polyester powdercoat colours (selected from manufacturers powdercoat colour charts). Please note that Metallic or Pearl powdercoat finishes are not recommended for roller shutter products.
Installation and Clearance Details
As shown in drawings below.
Tips for Architects, Shopfitters and Builders
- Preparation of openings to suit the S115 commercial roller shutter is by others. The shutter must not be installed to hollow stud walls. Refer to the Technical Data sheets to ensure adequate opening preparation;
- If required, provision of jambs, cladding of columns, bulkheads and ceiling slot adjustments are by others;
- The architect must always specify the intended usage of shutters. This will enable appropriate drum and motor selections to be made.