- 100mm slats for cyclone rated roller shutters are available in three material gauges – 0.8mm, 1.0mm or 1.2mm;
- 130mm slats for cyclone rated roller shutters are available in two material gauges – 1.2mm or 1.6mm;
Roll formed in house at Mirage Doors. Slat thickness is dependent on the opening width and the security requirements of the project. The slats are retained in position using windlocked malleable iron end clips, fitted to every second slat.
This product can be customised to suit sizes in excess of 10 metres width. Consult your nearest Mirage Doors branch for a full engineering assessment and recommended customised product solution.
Fabricated from mild steel or galvanised tube with the outside diameter and thickness appropriate to the size and application of the steel roller shutter. For shutters exceeding 10 metres wide a springless drum c/- brake motor will be provided.
Modified windlock guides 105mm x 47mm c/- windlock malleable iron end clips fitted every 2nd slat.
COMPLIANCE TO WINDLOAD SPECIFICATIONS: Roller shutters must comply with the following project criteria (note that wind rated roller shutters cannot be ventilated):
- Site address: Importance Level:
- Wind Region: Terrain Category:
- Regional Wind Speed VR: Internal pressure coefficient:
- Ultimate Limit State Pressure (P*) in positive & negative for each roller shutter:
Mirage will provide a pair of brackets fabricated from prime painted mild steel, with the steel gauge to suit the shutter sizes.
80mm x 40mm RHS steel box section is required.
- Weather seals are an optional extra on all bottom rail types.
Electric operation is by a motor / gearbox to suit the shutter size c/- push button operation via a reversing contactor. This includes emergency chain operation in the event of power failure. Key switches can be added if required;
Sliding padbolts (inside OR outside) – padlocks by others. Manual locking is not advisable on motorised roller shutters.
- Galvabond steel (standard);
- Dulux Duralloy or Interpon D1000 powdercoat finishes are suitable for S130 roller shutters.
- Work by others:
- Power supply provision if required;
- Structurally adequate wall / mounting points to support the roller shutter;
- Adequate headroom & sideroom.
- The power supply required for the motor is either:
- 3 phase 415v with neutral (10 amp), located within one metre of the motor;
- Single phase hard wired (10 amp), located within one metre of the motor.
- A comprehensive test programme was performed at the Cyclone Testing Station at James Cook University in Cairns, Queensland and incorporated Debris Testing and Wind Test Loads. The Cyclone Testing Station at JCU has issued test report numbers TS774 and TS820. These cover the range of tests and this test data provides the basis of an engineered roller shutter solution meeting high range wind events that occur in Northern Australia and specifically those associated with the extreme requirements nominated in the Design Guidelines for Queensland Public Cyclone Shelters 2006. Our proprietary H21 Cyclone Rated Steel Roller Shutter products are custom-designed based on specific site locations, door positions and building construction. They will be certified by appropriately credentialed third party engineers. In relation to Queensland Public Cyclone Shelters, certification will include all requirements including but not limited to:
- Design criteria in accordance with AS/NZS1170.2:2011 for an annual probability of exceedence of 1:10,000.
- Nominated design wind speed (Vdes) and internal pressure coefficients for ultimate strength and serviceability.
- Debris Testing as per Cyclone Testing Station Report No TS774.
- Product warranty – 12 months.